Friday, August 9, 2013

Paint on Canvas

It's been a while, but I went on vacation and then decided to just sit back and enjoy what was left of my summer. School starts in 10 days!  I'm definitely getting excited.

I've been in my classroom the past couple days, trying to get things in some order so that the room doesn't depress me AND so I'm more than ready for the kids when they finally come back.

I'll have more details on everything that I've done in my room coming soon - I have a bit of cleaning up to do, as well as a couple things left to bring in... but, here are some photos for you!

This was taken on the first day I was allowed in from the door after I dropped off a couple things (such as that ugly step stool). Below is what it looked like right before I left for the day.

This next set is the view of the windows (I have lots of light in my room) and it's also the first thing most students see as they walk in...

Above is Before and Below is After

The area around my desk is kind of a hub. It holds the netbooks and it's where I had the classroom library last year. Here is what I looked like when I walked in on the first day:

Here is what I was when I left today.

Finally... we have the front of the room, where the focus of the kids "normally" is. I put this in quotes because my students aren't relegated to rows all the time (or even most of the time).



I hadn't actually seen these photos side by side like this until just now. I'm pretty pleased with what I've done so far based on this. Hopefully once it won't take me another month to get those detail shots up here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment